Doing SEO in 2017 the Right Way
Search Engine Optimization is all about getting your website rank higher in search engine result pages, primarily Google’s result pages. As you might know, there are many ways to do that. But not all of them can be effective. Google keeps changing its algorithms for ranking websites. Most SEO companies in Dubai can help you figure out the right way of optimizing your website after thorough analysis. But there are certain things you can do yourself.
SEO Audit + Optimization with Semantic Search
To do this, you need to have an idea about your target audience’s minds. The next step involves optimizing the website for LSI (Latent Semantic Indexing) keywords primarily. These keywords are related to your primary keyword.
You will want your website in the search results to be clicked through. This increases the likelihood of search engines counting that particular webpage as relevant. For this click through, structured data is vital. In addition to all this, the webpage should be mobile-friendly as this is the age of smartphones.
In a nutshell, follow the practices below:
- Implement rel=canonical tag to deal with duplicate content
- Identify and fix response status codes, and optimize 404 pages with navigational options or with 301 redirects
- Make sure the content has no issues like long/short META tags, duplicates etc.
- First step here is to prepare a list of primary keywords. Several sources can help you with this including a semantic research of competitors, keyword suggestions etc.
- Use free keyword tools if necessary. Some of them might even give your ideas for landing pages and blog posts
- Visit Q&A forums and communities related to your business to learn how your potential customers think
Improve Content Search Visibility and Visitors’ Engagement
- Use appropriate anchor texts on landing pages and link them to relevant internal page content
- Try to add deeper links than the usual method of linking to top level landing pages. This helps speed up the search engine’s content indexing to a certain extent
- Make sure there aren’t too many outgoing links from a single page
Optimize Structured Data
- Optimize your microdata and summarize your Q&A content into structured copies. Also make use of the rich answer feature.
- mprove rich snippets with review markup using schema.org
- Use Knowledge Graph optimization on your microdata. Examples of Knowledge Graph elements include site logo, site name, links to social media pages etc.
Google’s Accelerated Mobile Pages and their recent announcement about launching a separate mobile search index indicate that you have to step up your game by optimizing your website for mobile devices.
- Transform website pages into AMP pages
- Make sure website content loads fast
- Make sure target customers can reach your business in the quickest way possible by using local schema markup
Measure SEO Performance and Make Improvements
Analyze your SEO efforts regularly and their effect on your website rankings. You can use a variety of tools for this. An in-depth analysis will help you determine where you need to improve.